It’s truly incredible how technology has evolved and changed, especially when you consider just the last decade. Less than ten years ago, no one had heard of a smartphone, social media was something only middle school children had ever been on, and the Internet was only really starting to get its legs. Today, phones and tablets can do what computers couldn’t even handle only a short while ago.
Fortunately, technology also brings a great deal of benefits with it. For example, people can immediately reach out to health professionals and emergency hotlines in a time of need. Technology enables people to check on their homes while they are away, or for their home security system to alert the police if there has been a break in. In terms of technological advancements that have made life better and easier for huge numbers of people, home automation would have to be at the top of the list. A home automation system is a computerized, digital system that connects all of the various things in a person’s home to a central controller, smartphone, or tablet. With a functioning home automation system, people can dim the lights of their home, turn off the television, lower the blinds, or adjust the volume of the music from any location in their house or from a central command center.
Home automation is a booming industry all over the country, including in Denver, CO. Unfortunately, the growth in the industry has saturated the markets with companies looking a slice of the pie. To help you narrow your search, here is a list of ten services to look for from a Denver home automation company.
1. Audio/Video Distribution. There is no need to have ugly boxes and cables running throughout your entire home. With a sleek home automation installation, you can have technology in every room without unwelcome aesthetics.
2. Phone. You can connect your phone line to your home automation system so you can check your messages or answer the phone from anywhere in the house.
3. Security. One great benefit of home automation is that it allows you to check your security systems, even when you’re not at home.
4. Security cameras. Always connect your security cameras up to your home automation system. This will give you a sense of comfort you never knew possible.
5. Lighting. All of the lighting in your home can be connected to your home automation system, so you can turn off your lights downstairs while you lay in bed.
6. Home theaters. Connecting your home theatre to your home automation system allows you to change movies or adjust the volume without ever getting up.
7. Blinds. Your blinds can easily be lowered or raised from your home automation controller.
8. Sound levels. By connecting your stereo, televisions, and home theater to your home automation system, you can adjust the volume in any room from the comfort of anywhere in your house.
9. Heating/cooling. Home automation allows you to cool and heat certain rooms based on when you use them. This enables you to save energy and money.
10. Person notification. Finally, your home automation system can be set up to detect when someone walks in the room, lower or raising the temperature and adjusting the lighting as it happens.